CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Still Nursing a Flu...

It's been almost 4 days now and I still have the flu. Usually for me, it's over on the 5th day, but I guess "HE" plans on to stay much longer. I'm starting to get a bit anxious or shall I say "scared" due to the news I've heard yesterday...

"Swine flu at highest alert! The World Health Organization declares the first flu pandemic in 41 years"


Well I'm not saying that I have swine flu but in times like this, people start to get paranoid and tend to panic easily. Just like in Brazil, I read that there was a woman in a bus that has a flu. Nobody knows whether she has swine flu or not, but since the people were "scared" they threw stones at the woman and treated her as if she's a criminal. Very mean isn't?

Today, although my hubby insisted that I should stay at home, I went out to go to the grocery to buy something. As soon as I got out, I felt so scared. I was so worried that the people might think that I got "THE FLU". So what I did is, I tried to suppress my cough and tried not to sneeze as much as possible. Could you imagine just how hard that is? I just don't wanna end up like that woman in Brazil you know *looks who's paranoid* It was funny cos the moment I stepped in the store I went around like a tornado. I grabbed the things that I need, paid at the counter and went out as soon as possible. When I told my hubby about it, he could'nt stop laughing. He kept saying, "so fast? you did it soooo fast?!"

Now that I'm back at home, all I wanna do is sit down on the couch, wrap myself in a blanket, drink a hot coco and relax.


A piece of advice: Be careful when you go out. Protect yourself: wash your hands everytime and try not to touch anything that is not yours *glasses, bottles etc.* Any signs of flu, consult your doctor immediately.



Images: Unknown source

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin