CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lebenskunstmarkt in Remagen

Today it was Lebenskunstmarkt in Remagen *"Life's Art" in english*. Remagen is a small village across the river from our apartment. Since my hubby and I are in a "flea market mood", we decided to go over and take a look.

In order to go to Remagen, we used the ferry. This ferry goes over the river between Erpel and Remagen. The ride costed only 50 cents *one way*. Very cheap.


There were only a few people, when we got there. My hubby was very pleased because he doesn't really like crowds. So we were able to take our time and get a good look of the goods on the market.

still half-full...

a painter

a do-it-yourself t-shirt stand


shabby chic knick-knacks


colorful blouses, hats and berets

fresh herbs and plants

artistic things

a basket weaver

What's a german fest without the infamous Wurst stand? *sausage*


Although the weather was bad *it rained a lot*, the mood was still festive. They invited some musicians from France. I love the way they played the accordion and saxophone. Reminds me of Paris in summer. Thankfully there was no mime. *I hate mimes, they're so annoying, gusto ko silang patayin hahaha!*

Not too far from the main center, I saw this cute house, adorned with colorful metal birds. I don't know whether the owner made the birds himself or whether he's just showing off his "artistic side".

And this is me, going thru a bunch of hand-painted cards. *or how do you call it?*

Here's what I've got: 3 beautifully hand-painted cards.


The old lady who did it was so nice that I wanted to buy more. But then hubby asked me, "what are you going to do with it?"... I said, "Instead of using it as a card, i'm going to frame it and display it at home". Hubby again, "you can't do that, we have so many pictures hanging on the wall already". Then I thought ok ok, just 3 and then we left.

On the way back to the ferry, my hubby and I went by to our favorite turkish restaurant. We thought we could have some take-outs so that I don't have to cook at home anymore *great idea! hehehe...* Like always we bought our favorite turkish food "Kisartma" - a turkish version of Macaroni salad. And then 2 slices of spinach cake. What?! Spinach cake?! Yes you've read it right. Spinach cake. It's so healthy and delicious, I could eat it everyday. *wag naman*

Kizartma *dunno the english translation sorry*

Spinach cake *yummy!*

As soon as we got home, I made tea and served the cake. Nothing beats a bad weather than a delicious cake, right?...

Hope you all had a nice day!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin